Sabrina's post
As I was skimming through Ms. Rears blog trying to find an entry that could catch my eye. I came across this one. What I liked about this post- not even just this post but Sabrina's blog, is that she really makes you feel as if she's talking to you. This blog entry was on a book I read myself Looking for Alaska by John Green. I loved how Sabrina described some of the same exact things I thought when I was reading this book.
She describes how the book doesn't make you feel like being sad, or doesn't make you think about death in the way you normally would. But she explains and summarizes how the book makes you think about growing up in different ways and getting in trouble for the 'best'. And I really like that; She elaborates on how they go out and try to find things out about why people do things. And how the book enclosures on not just death, but on the "labyrinth" and what it means *read the book for more on the labyrinth*.
This post was mostly just about the ending of the book and what it summed up and said; how the characters grew up in the sum of about 20 days. How they all found what the meaning was and the story behind Alaska.
One other reason I liked Sabrina's post was because as I explained in the beginning of the post is because I agree with her on 98% of the things she said. And how John Green made the characters come to life, and the pranks they pull. The reasons, and why in general people do things in this book.
Good job Sabrina!!!!
What a great tribute, Leila! Did you tell Sabrina you wrote this?
ReplyDeleteI did :)
ReplyDeleteAnd thank you!