Tuesday, March 8, 2011

a fraction of the whole

As we are getting deeper and deeper in our Romeo and Juilet unit it's getting a little hard for me to keep up with my more private reading life, and going deeper into that it's getting hard for me to find a book I enjoy... Once again.
I've very recently started reading "A fraction of the Whole" by Steve Toltz. The book starts off by Jasper the main character just describing everything. I'm not far enough in this book yet to find out what he's really wanting to achieve, or what his purpose has. But from what he describes everything in his life doesn't seem to be normal. His father is described and someone who never understood what is was really like to be young; even when he was young. He's someone who doesn't know anything about growing up because he hasn't done it himself.
I honestly can't say much more but for once, in a while I actually want to continue reading this book and learn about why Jasper is sitting describing this all from jail. And as I said, what his outcome will be.

2 comments:

  1. Leila: I finished this a couple of weeks ago and it's so crazy. But good. Grazy. I just hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello.
    1. you need to focus on one idea your gettimg from this book, and elaborate, right now you pretty much wrote everything you know about the book so far.
    2. Also it wouyld brobabaly be easier to write about now that you ... hopefully read more of the book.
    here are some Ideas of themes:
    3. you talked about it not being normal, so what about it isn't normal?
    4. OR maybe you could pick one of the characters you find interesting like the dad you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete