Tuesday, December 21, 2010

connection problems.....

Lately my reading life hasn't been too great, I can't seem to find a book that I really am able to connect to and want to read on my free time.... 
When I read "Give a boy a gun" by Todd Strasser it really got me to think. Whenever I could I would take it out and start reading it to try and unravel more and more although it gives the reader so much. I had stolen it from a friends bag and I was glued to it. She was always reading it and since I skillfully snatched it from her I finished it first; the story plot line kind of goes backwards. It starts off from the end and slowly gets to the beginning, once I finished it I went on to the next book in the friends bag... That book was "Looking for Alaska" by John Green which I had started a post on but never finished. That book had me glued, and I am definitely satisfied with her book choice! "Looking for Alaska" is one of those teenage stories about love, and life and the whole concept of "finding yourself." But it gives you more and leaves you with a mystery just like Todd Strasser did.
Onward with my present reading life...
After I read those two books I thought maybe I could go back to my friend for more, but then I thought to myself that I shouldn't always go to her for a good book; so I went through Ms. Rear's library and tried out a few books that caught my eye. That didn't work and I gave up on those books after about 30 pages. 
Then an idea sprung to me and I decided I would go through the whole classrooms library and read all of the books I could.... The first book I chose from the right end of the room was "Fat kid rules the world" by K.L Going; and it doesn't quite make sense yet. I am quite curious and I think I'll keep going with it, because it's one of those teen fictions that caught my eye, and I think I can stay pretty content with it.

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean by not being able to connect to some books. If i can't connect to a book within the first chapter I have to stop reading. I will try your method of reading all the books left to right. let me know how it goes. Great post by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This *is* a really interesting post, but I want you to try to post one thing about one book next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha this is funny! yeah i agree with you so much though. the most important thing about reading a book for me is connecting with it. u should go back to ur friends bag i think that was working for u!

    ReplyDelete